Southwark Giving is in its development stages and will be launched in the near future!
What’s happened so far?
Over the last year we’ve been working with local funders, businesses, the local authority and community groups to look at how a place-based giving scheme could work in Southwark and make a difference.
So far we have:
- Carried out research to identify the needs of our communities
- Carried out a focus group with businesses in Southwark to explore corporate giving
- Created an Advisory Group of key stakeholders who committed to set up Southwark Giving and make it flourish
- Secured six Founder Funders
- Formed a cross-sector Strategic Partnership Board who are setting the strategic direction of Southwark Giving
The researched and identified needs have been published in our report called A Tale of Two Southwarks (executive summary).
This research is informing Southwark Giving to be able to target everyone’s resources to where they are needed most.
Where are we now?
Southwark Giving is being managed within Community Southwark, a registered charity. The development of Southwark Giving is being supported by the Strategic Partnership Board.
The Strategic Partnership Board is currently exploring the ways in which Southwark Giving can best help meet the hidden, unmet and emerging needs of the borough of Southwark. They are doing this by designing the Southwark Giving Fund, volunteering opportunities and community activities that Southwark Giving will offer.
Community Southwark is a registered charity (no. 1105835) and a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (no. 5090324).