We are currently choosing which priority needs we will target resources to help people to have the opportunities to live fulfilled lives.
Our Fund, volunteering opportunities and a Givers Network are being designed and developed, together with our Strategic Partnership Board. We look forward to updating you soon!
Our report A Tale of Two Southwarks is informing Southwark Giving to be able to target everyone’s resources to where they are needed most.
What’s happened so far?
We’ve been working with businesses, business improvement districts (BID), a social enterprise, local funders, the local authority and community groups for some time to set up and develop a place-based giving scheme for the borough of Southwark.
So far we have:
- carried out research to identify the local needs in our borough
- carried out a focus group with businesses in Southwark to explore corporate giving
- created an Advisory Group of key stakeholders who committed to set up Southwark Giving and make it flourish
- secured six Founder Funders
- formed a cross-sector Strategic Partnership Board who are setting the strategic direction of Southwark Giving
- held a charity influencer event for the voluntary sector to help shape Southwark Giving
We are hosted by Community Southwark – the umbrella body for the community and voluntary sector in Southwark. It is a registered charity (no. 1105835) and a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (no. 5090324).