Pressure washers wash away the grim, which dulls your home or your car. Since pressure washers clean easily, nobody gives the idea of making them more effective a thought.
Where pressure washers help eradicate the toughest of dirt, they also damage things, especially; when you don’t know how to use one.
The article centers around the things you need to keep in mind when using it on cars or home cleaning.
Pressure Washing Your Car
Pressure washer helps to clean car exterior effortlessly. However, some things maximize its performance.
- Firstly, park your car on a spacious flat surface. Having space around the vehicle makes the washing process easy as you go around cleaning everything sequentially.
- Next, never overlook the fitness of the nozzle. Picking the appropriate design will clean it while an unfit design damages the car. Nozzles come in GPM and PSI. Select the one that fits the use.
- In addition, don’t pressure wash old cars. Old paints peel off due to water pressure. Contact an expert before further processing in such cases.
- Choosing an appropriate detergent is also necessary. The detergent type should also fit the nozzle you are using.
- Firmly close the car’s doors and windows to prevent the water from seeping.
Note: Always wear toe-covered shoes as the high-pressured water hits skin badly.
Pressuring Washing Homes
Pressure cleaning your house also requires some preliminary things. Hence, you can use the below tips to get an effective clean.
- Brush away the debris and dust before pressure washing. Otherwise, the pressured water will spatter the grim to the around. Probably, ruining your clothes as well.
- Choosing the nozzle is crucial regardless of your cleaning application. The nozzle kind determines the gallons the washer will use. Therefore, you need to pick the right one, which is water efficient.
- Avoid pressure washing the areas with electric circuits. For outdoor cleaning, power off electrical devices like lights. While for indoors cleaning, totally avoid the central electricity areas.
- In case of holes or cracks in the cleaning surface, fill them with mortar. Let them sit for a week or so. Pressure washing cracked walls results in water seeping hence, weakening the wall.
- Before you start washing, wet the wall for some time. Wetting loosens the tough dirt and reduces your cleaning effort.
- Irregular strokes result in ineffective cleaning; hence try to move in steady and straight strokes.
- Also, add the detergent to low-pressure settings. Slightly point the wand downwards to prevent the spray from getting into the sidings.
Note: The above tips are for pressure washing the house’s exterior. Avoid pressure washing inside the house.
Things You Shouldn’t Pressure Wash
A pressure washer is a tool for industrial cleaning. Despite its common application in homes, you should never pressure wash some things.
Don’t pressure wash plants, animals, or humans. Since high-pressure water may penetrate the skin causing skin issues. It also damages the plants.
Pressure washers ease your cleaning efforts. However, just like any other invention, they also have a negative side. That is why it is necessary to stick to the safety measures like wearing goggles and closed shoes.
Other than that, the tips above will help you effectively clean your vehicles and homes. Although, it’s nice to experiment around things, but if you are unsure about the washer, it’s best to hire an expert for the job.